Senior Manager/Director of Human Resources
Xentria is a patient-centric biotech company focused on novel biologics and biosimilars. Our first program is XT MAB 16, a monoclonal antibody for sarcoidosis. XT MAB 16 has received Orphan Drug Designation. The Senior Manager/Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing policies and directing and coordinating human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a strategic partner to various departments, establishing HR business objectives that align with overall company plans and objectives.
- Writes directives advising management and employees of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee benefits, human resources policies and practices.
- Responsible for drafting of job descriptions, recruiting, on-boarding, training, and administration of employee benefits programs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Maintains cost-effective and market-competitive benefits programs; manages, researches and recommends changes to benefits programs and providers.
- Coaches managers on performance management discussions, employee relations issues, discipline matters, and promotion/termination discussions.
- Identifies, analyzes, creates and facilitates training to employees at all levels on professional and personal development.
- Provides subject matter expertise on organizational effectiveness and change management; partnering with leaders to ensure that actions and plans enable the Xentria culture to evolve as we rapidly grow the organization.
- Develops and oversees HR processes including performance management, promotions, and compensation reviews.
- Identifies and recommends in-house mentoring programs and workshops, and external/online training and education opportunities in order to further develop employees and management.
- Plans and executes company events and outings and coordinating company meetings and or luncheons.
- Assists in travel and accommodation arrangements for the executive staff.
- Greets and assist all company visitors in a helpful and professional manner.
- Communicates with the building on maintenance issues, community events and company updates
- Handles office management responsibilities including, maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, receiving deliveries, coordinating improvements and office furniture maintenance.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communication
- Managing People
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and detail oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive recruiting experience, broad knowledge in change management, employment law, employee relations and training and development.
- Evidence of excellent communication – both written and verbal, with the ability to relate to employees and management at all levels.
- A genuine passion for working with employees and managers on solving problems.
- Demonstration of rapport that is both objective and welcoming.
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills; and general business experience and acumen in understanding and supporting company objectives.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare is a plus.
Education and / or Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; a Master’s degree or SHRM/PHR certification is value added.
- 7+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Microsoft Office
• HR Software Systems (Experience with Paylocity preferred)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AAP/ EEO Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
No travel expected